The Fierce Claw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fierce Claw

Once, felines and canines used to live together in peace. But skirmishes over territory and prey began to erupt, and that peace may not last any longer...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Latest topics
» Living the Dream } a statless Pokemon RP
Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Icon_minitimeby Guest February 28th 2017, 9:35 am

» Lochland Grove[jcink]
Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Icon_minitimeby Guest December 4th 2016, 11:01 pm

» Activity Check (Nov 24 2016-Jan 1 2017)
Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Icon_minitimeby Nova November 27th 2016, 3:28 pm

» Site Clean-Up
Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Icon_minitimeby Nova November 26th 2016, 6:33 pm

» War Challenge Application
Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Icon_minitimeby Lakota November 26th 2016, 12:49 am

» Thanksgiving!
Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Icon_minitimeby Lakota November 24th 2016, 2:22 pm

» Happy Birthday Lakota!
Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Icon_minitimeby Lakota November 24th 2016, 2:20 pm

» New Life, New Light
Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Icon_minitimeby Nova November 24th 2016, 1:16 pm

» New RolePlay Places and more! (February Update)
Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Icon_minitimeby Lakota February 1st 2016, 2:39 am

OPEN POSITIONS

Please contact an admin before applying for these positions. Also contact the leader of the Pack/Pride.

LIGHTPRIDE
  • King
  • Lead Shaman
  • Lead Guard
  • Lead Hunter
SHADEPRIDE
  • Lead Shaman
  • Lead Guard
  • Lead Hunter
AIRPRIDE
  • King
  • Deputy
  • Lead Shaman
  • Lead Guard
  • Lead Hunter
SCORCHPACK
  • Alpha Male
  • Deputy
  • Lead Hunter
BIRCHPACK
  • Alpha Male
  • Alpha Female
  • Deputy
  • Lead Guard
  • Lead Hunter
SNOWPACK
  • Alpha Male
  • Deputy
  • Lead Guard
  • Lead Hunter
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 42 on June 13th 2021, 5:06 pm
Switch Account

Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lakota
Admin and LightPride Deputy
Lakota

Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Empty
PostSubject: Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride   Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2015, 2:10 pm

Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Wallpapers-running-cheetah-fast-pictures-free-wallpaper-picturesfree-122972Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride GeE75RLiLakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Cheetah-sitting-on-mound-bryan-pereira
Personal Info
Name: Lakota
Alias: Kota
Species: Cheetah
Personality(At least 1 Paragraph!(5-7 sentences)): From a young age Kota has always had a strong will. She stands up for what she thinks right, even if begged not to or to help her leader. Her mood can change quickly and suddenly from happy to grumpy or to whatever. When sad or mad she usually goes off by herself and doesn't like anyone to see that she is crying. She likes young animals and will always be gentler on them unless needed to be harder on them. She will always praise someone for getting a kill. She sometimes doesn't like praise but sometimes she does, it just depends on her mood. She will always try to defend when she 'knows is right' and tends to get to attached to it until she is right. (This turned out longer than expected)

Helping her pride
The sound of thunder
the wind through her fur
Making a kill
Warm rain

Dislikes: Being helpless
Not being able to run
Being in tight spaces
Fighting for no reason
Animals who cause trouble
Swimming

Fears: Lakota fears that she's going to hurt her legs and never be able to run again.
She also fears that everyone around her is going to die, because of her.

Appearence
Size: 32″ (Tall)
84″ (Long)
100 lbs
Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Size-cheetah-160-2654-cb1411676979
Eye color: Dark brown
Fur color: Golden with black spots
Objects/clothing: None
Appearance: Lakota is a sleek gold cheetah that can bland in with dry grass. She has long legs and a long tail and while she isn't bulky or strong, she can run up to 60 mph in 3 seconds and do quick, sharp turns. Her spine is very flexible and she has an enlarged heart and lungs. Large chest, narrow waist, long thin legs, and a slim well muscled build this animal was definitely made for speed. The Cheetah has long thick tail has spots, which turn into rings and at the end is tipped with white. The throat and abdomen are a creamy white in color. The Cheetah has a small head with high set eyes and short rounded ears tipped with white on the back. The most well known characteristic is however the distinct black “tear mark”, which runs from the inside corner of the eye down to the corner of the mouth to block the glare from the sun. Non-retractable claws and tough pads on their feet closely resemble that of a dog.

Pack/Pride Information
Pack/Pride: Lightpride
Family: Mother (Dead)
Father (Dead)
Brother (Dead)
Brother (Open, Pm me)
Mate: None (Open)
Pups/Cubs: None

Skills and Abilities
Strengths: Speed
Sharp turns
great eyesight
Only needs to drink once every three to four days
Can get up to full speed in a few seconds
Can blend in with dry grass
Can swim but doesn't like to

Weaknesses: Can get mad quickly
Can speak before she thinks
Once she runs at full speed she gets very tired and has to rest for a bit before running again
She can't roar for help
Can't climb trees
Has poor night vision
Not good at fighting
Can only run for short sprints of up to 300 yards and these sprints will usually last for 20 seconds

Combat Style:
While cheetahs would rather avoid fighting because they are weak at fighting, Kota tries to sneak up on her foe and grab for the neck.

Background
History: A few weeks after being born her mother died, leaving her father to take care of them. He started to cry anytime he saw us, so another mother took us in. when we were 3 moons old our father and mother died in a fight. after that we grew more apart, us becoming apprentices and then our separate ways...

One of my brothers became a guard. He never got to any higher than that. My other brother became a healer, and eventually trained another before dying from getting attacked on the battlefield trying to heal someone.

I became a hunter, eventually becoming lead hunter before Nova made me deputy after she became leader. I stand there today, helping out with the tribe and watching over my brother, who I assume hates me but doesn't show it much around our leader...

RP Sample: I sat in the tall grass, watching over the field and scouting out the prey I wanted. There was a baby in the group that I locked in on, he was small but would be easy to get. I silently made my way to them, my fur blending in with the grass. I noticed one of them see me, so I knew my time would be soon. I laid low, my tail slightly twitching with anticipation as I eyed them. I slowly moved forward until one of them made a sound, warning the heard. I shot forward, feeling the word rush by me as I raced to them. They started to take off, scrambling in different directions. I was locked in on the young one, watching him scramble from me. I ran up right behind him a pounced, landing squarely on his shoulders. After a quick snap of his neck, I carried him back to the pride, leaving drops of blood as the only clue I was ever here.

(Some random stuff on cheetahs)

Communication
Cheetahs communicate in many different ways. Some of these are through vocalizations such as purrs, bleats, barks, growls, hisses, and a high pitched chirping sound.

Baby stuff
The Cheetah above all else is the most reproductive cat. Why then is it so endangered? The answer is two-fold. Cheetah cubs often fall prey to Lions, Jackals, Birds of Prey, and Hyenas, as the mother must leave them behind while hunting for food. Even if the mother was near, she could not fend off an animal as large as a Lion or Hyena, the Cheetah was built for running not fighting. 90% of Cheetahs born die with in the first 3 months, 50% of which are destroyed by predators. The other 40% fall victim to lack of genetic diversity. This is the second reason for their inability to survive. This genetic peril is responsible for weak and underdeveloped immune systems. Disease and illness attack a weak immune system, which in turn causes death. Most cubs do not even make it past 1 month old when this is the case.

After a gestation period of 90-95 days a female Cheetah will give birth to a litter of 3-5 cubs. The largest litter recorded in captivity was 8. The male Cheetah does not participate in the rearing of the cubs. The mother may leave the cubs for as long as 48 hours in order to hunt for enough food to sustain her in a lactating state. If the food supply is too scarce the mother may abandon the cubs, so as to maintain her way of life. Also if the litter is lost with in the first few weeks the female will come into estrus in the next few days. If this is not the case the mother will return and move the cubs from one location to another to better hide the smell of her young from predators. Sometimes the mother will even wait until night falls to return to her cubs, so that she is not as easily followed.

(Want more? Go here http://bigcatrescue.org/cheetah-facts/ )

Last edited by Lakota on July 26th 2015, 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lakota
Lakota

PostSubject: Re: Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride   Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2015, 5:02 pm

Finally finished... I think...
Back to top Go down
Nova
Admin/Founder and LightPride Queen
Admin/Founder and LightPride Queen
Nova

PostSubject: Re: Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride   Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2015, 7:24 pm

ACCEPTED~

Very detailed, I like it C:
Back to top Go down
https://thefierceclaw.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride   Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lakota the Cheetah Deputy of Lightpride
Page 1 of 1